The Howell County MU Extension office is hosting a Diabetes Self Management 6 week virtual workshop. This workshop will benefit you if you have been diagnosed with diabetes, living with someone who has diabetes or if you are taking care of someone who has diabetes.
- healthy eating
- calculating carbohydrates
- monitoring blood sugar
- problem solving
- avoiding complications
- working with health care providers
- develop a healthier lifestyle
Call or email to register:
The Annual City-Wide Yard Sale will be June 4-7, 2020. We ask that you remember social distancing and use caution when having a sale or out shopping. Thank you!
Join the West Plains Chamber of Commerce as we host our first Virtual Zoom Luncheon.
The Sponsor is Simmons Bank.
The Speaker will be Chris Gilliam, Administrator – Howell County Health Department
We have provided three viewing options:
- The first method will be via computer with the Zoom software.
- The second will be a dial in phone connection (or zoom app for mobile devices).
- The third will be a watch party at OzSBI (408 Washington Ave). OzSBI will be open for broadcasting and monitoring with social distancing practices in place. Seating is limited. Please call 256-9724 to reserve your space.
This luncheon will be first-come-first-serve due to limited viewing connections. We are asking that each business/location only use one login. Once you have been admitted to the meeting, please place your mic on mute to eliminate any background noise. Participants wishing to ask questions can email them to the chamber prior to June 2nd at 5:00 p.m. or utilize the message box for our mediator to read during our Questions & Answers session at the end of the presentation.
All 30 second announcements can be emailed to the chamber.
The luncheon will be recorded and posted on the Chamber Facebook page for anyone unable to attend.