West Plains Council on the Arts (WPCA) has issued a call for submissions for their juried 2-D and 3-D exhibit “My Art, My Life”. WPCA will host the exhibition of works in the Gallery at the Center, West Plains Civic Center from November 14 through December 19, 2021. The Gallery, on the mezzanine, is open to the public during regular Civic Center hours.
WPCA hopes to showcase works that are especially meaningful to the artist. The number of pieces allowed per artist will depend on total submissions accepted.
A virtual showcase will be prepared and shared online after the exhibit is finalized.
Guidelines for entries:
- 2-D and 3-D pieces accepted
- 2-D – 16”x20” maximum size, unless waiver granted
- 2-D Pieces must be framed and/or ready to hang
- All media accepted – 2-D – paintings, photographs, drawings, printmaking, etc.; 3-D – sculpture, fabric arts, pottery
- Subject matter to fit the theme, as determined by the artist
WPCA will host a Meet the Artist event on Saturday, December 4, from 2-4 p.m., in the Gallery at the Center. All are invited to attend, meet the artists, and discuss the pieces. The exhibit is co-sponsored by the West Plains Civic Center and West Plains Council on the Arts, with partial funding provided by Missouri Arts Council, a state agency.