A Chamber membership is an investment in your business. The Chamber offers a wide variety of high visibility marketing opportunities to help our members build brand awareness within the Chamber network and beyond. Many of these opportunities are free. All are exclusive to Chamber members. The Greater West Plains Area Chamber of Commerce is a leading business organization in Howell County, representing nearly 500 area entities. We are focused on establishing West Plains as the retail trade and economic development center of South Central Missouri. With a record of accomplishments spanning over 110 years, the Chamber is a proven catalyst for strengthening the community as it helps build business. .
Benefits of Membership
From seminars to business counseling – the Chamber can help you “grow” your business. And, it is tax deductible as a business expense. More than 550 businesses have joined as “investors” in the Chamber. Doing so earns them enhanced exposure and other special benefits while reflecting their commitment to local economic development. Here are some of the many advantages you gain by becoming a Greater West Plains Area Chamber of Commerce Member.
- Free listing in our Membership Directory. These directories are the primary promotion piece used in economic development, relocation, newcomer, and tourism inquiries.
- Receive Free Website Advertising. The Chamber’s presence on the web includes an online membership directory and buyer’s guide.
- Members may post job offerings for FREE on our ONLINE JOBLINE.
- We offer free links to your website, and a free “West Plains Chamber Member” web sticker for your site that links your site back to the Chamber. More interaction between sites moves all Chamber members up on search engine lists.
- You’ll receive a Chamber decal and certificate to display that identify your business as a Chamber Member. By posting our decal and certificate you inform your customers that: “I’ve made an investment in my business and this community.”
- You become a part of our Membership Referral System. The Greater West Plains Area Chamber of Commerce ONLY recommends Chamber Members. We will distribute your business promotional material directly from the Chamber office.
- Informative monthly Chamber luncheon meetings.
- The ability to interact and network with fellow businesses by attending or hosting a “Business After Hours”.
- Keep informed of community and Chamber events & functions by receiving our free monthly newsletter and calendar.
- Target your company’s mailings to area business leaders by using the best mailing list around. Member Only Rates as low as 5 cents per label.
- We’ll insert your businesses special event flyers with our newsletter at member only rates.
- Join any number of Chamber Committees that will get you directly involved with community issues and events.
- Promote your business with “Ground Breaking Ceremonies”, “Ribbon Cuttings”, “Open Houses” or “Grand Openings” all sponsored and supported by Chamber Ambassadors.
- Ability to create additional revenue by accepting “Chamber Gift Certificates”! Over $90,000 sold last year alone!
SIGN ME UP! The following “Investment Schedule” is established by the Board of Directors and is based on a fair share concept. Investments are paid annually and are payable at the time of application. Memberships automatically renew annually unless written notice is given thirty days prior. Membership Investment Schedule
|Banks/Savings and Loans||
|Other Financial, Insurance, Media, Real Estate, & Wholesalers||
|Auto Dealers & Parts, Construction/Contractors, Restaurants, Retailers & Services||
|Health Care Facilities & Manufacturing||
|Motels & Rental Property||
|Accountants, Architects/Engineers, Legal, Medical & Veterinarians||
|Canoe Operations & Campgrounds||
|Civic Organizations, Farming & Individuals||
Schedules Schedule 1: $405 plus $10 per million dollars in deposits
Schedule 2: $185 plus $10 per employee
Schedule 3: $185 plus $5 per employee
Schedule 4: $185 plus $1 per employee
Schedule 5: $185 plus $2 per room/unit
Schedule 6: $215 per professional
Schedule 7: $185
Schedule 8: $90
Schedule 9: $.10 per subscriber
Schedule 10: $85 per business
Note: Membership dues in the Chamber of Commerce are tax deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. Dues paid to the Chamber are not a charitable tax deduction for federal income tax purposes. To Join the Chamber by Mail, please click here to download and print a PDF version* of this form and mail it along with payment information or check to: The Greater West Plains Area Chamber of Commerce 401 Jefferson West Plains, Missouri 65775 *(you must have the latest version of Adobe Reader, click here for free download )